Ranging from the legal aspects of property management to the effective management of people, and from the financial control principles of real estate to the deployment of advanced technology in construction and design, this is a course for the manager of the future. It gives you in-depth understanding of the breadth of the commercial property management role, including valuation, planning and development.
Who should study this course?
This course is primarily designed for those wishing to pursue a career in the property, valuation and planning sectors.
This course is the essential first step of that exciting journey.
- Expand your career opportunities and build your confidence by being ready to handle the many challenges ahead of you
- Gain a broad multidisciplinary knowledge of the property sector to richly inform your future job roles
Below is a list of the modules included in this course and the structure which they follow.
Full module descriptions can be found at www.cem.ac.uk/pm
- Legal Studies - Level 4
- People and Organisational Management – Level 4
- Financial and Resource Management – Level 4
- Economics – Level 4
- Building, Environment, Technology 1 – Simple Construction – Level 4
- Building, Environment, Technology 2 – Framed Structures – Level 4
- Property Law – Level 5
- Planning, Policy and Practice – Level 5
- Development Process and Appraisal – Level 5
- Valuation – Context and Principles – Level 5
- Valuation – Core Methods – Level 5
- Economics of Property and Construction – Level 5
- Commercial Property Management – Level 6
- Strategic Facilities Management – Level 6
- Project – Level 6
- Statutory Valuation – Level 6
- Investment – Level 6
- Applied Valuation – Level 6
- Planning and Environmental Law – Level 6
- Construction Law – Level 6
- Professional Surveying Practice – Level 6