This course is an extensive exploration of every academic aspect involved in developing the skills of a chartered surveyor. Exploring the entire landscape involved in the role, it provides students with an essential and intimate understanding of the principles and practices of building surveying. It prepares you for a career as a chartered surveyor and is accredited by RICS and CIOB.
As you embark upon your career you’ll discover that many chartered surveyors started at exactly this point, with CEM. You’ll be in great company, with a renowned and highly respected qualification.
Who should study this course?
This course is designed for those with a keen interest in building, facilities management or property and who want to improve career choices by gaining a degree and professional membership of one of the industry’s influential bodies.
Many students who opt for this course are already working in, or are associated with, the property and building sectors, property management companies, local authorities or the armed forces.
- Develop your career in a wide variety of fields in building, facilities management and property
- Progress towards Membership of RICS, HKIS and/or CIOB
- Enrich your reputation with a qualification from one of the largest providers of qualified building surveyors to the industry
- Strengthen your skills in building surveying – choose a project in the final year and hone in on your preferred area of expertise
Below is a list of the modules included in this course and the structure which they follow.
Full module descriptions can be found at www.cem.ac.uk/bs
- Legal Studies – Level 4
- People and Organisational Management – Level 4
- Financial and Resource Management – Level 4
- Economics – Level 4
- Building, Environment, Technology 1 – Simple Construction – Level 4
- Building, Environment, Technology 2 – Framed Structures – Level 4
- Building, Environment, Technology 3 – Complex Structures – Level 5
- Property Law – Level 5
- Project and Cost Control – Level 5
- Planning and Conservation – Level 5
- Economics of Property and Construction – Level 5
- Design and Structures – Level 5
- Building Surveying Practice – Level 6
- Building Pathology – Level 6
- Project – Level 6
- Construction Law – Level 6
- Commercial Management in Construction – Level 6
- Construction Project Management – Level 6
- Commercial Property Management – Level 6
- Professional Surveying Practice – Level 6
- Valuation –- Context and Principles – Level 5
- Strategic Facilities Management – Level 6
- Planning and Environmental Law – Level 6