BSc Construction Management
- Prepare for every challenge in a demanding and stimulating career
Construction Managers – and those who work in related professions – are accustomed to solving new problems almost every day. Being able to plan for every eventuality is one thing; dealing with it when it actually happens – and a project depends on your skills and abilities in order to stay on schedule – is something altogether more demanding. This course makes sure you have the knowledge to cope with the rigorous demands of the construction industry, and the confidence to tackle every problem that comes your way.
Who should study this course?
This course is mainly designed for people employed in the construction industry, but those outside the industry are welcome to apply if they have the determination to succeed. If you currently work in a large contracting organisation, or for commercial developers, a local authority, or within the armed forces, you’ll have an insider’s appreciation of the diversity and demands of the role. You’ll know what you’re looking for, and CEM will make sure you discover it.
- Assume a working role as a construction site manager, site engineer, contracts surveyor, estimator, buyer or planner. Secure your right to employment in such roles by gaining one of the industry’s most in-demand qualifications
- Progress towards Corporate Membership of CIOB
- Achieve your goals faster – this is the leading course in this field that allows you to combine work and study through supported distance learning
Below is a list of the modules included in this course and the structure which they follow.
Full module descriptions can be found at www.cem.ac.uk/cm
- Legal Studies - Level 4
- People and Organisational Management – Level 4
- Financial and Resource Management – Level 4
- Economics – Level 4
- Building, Environment, Technology 1 – Simple Construction – Level 4
- Building, Environment, Technology 2 – Framed Structures – Level 4
- Building, Environment, Technology 3 – Complex Structures – Level 5
- Contract Procedures – Level 5
- Measurement and Quantification of Construction Works – Level 5
- Construction Site Management – Level 5
- Economics of Property and Construction – Level 5
- Integrated Management Project – Level 6
- Construction Project Management – Level 6
- Project – Level 6
Optional modules (choose two)
- Commercial Management in Construction – Level 6
- Estimating and Tendering of Construction Projects – Level 5
- Strategic Facilities Management – Level 6
- Commercial Property Management – Level 6
- Maintenance Management – Level 6
- Construction Law – Level 6