This programme has been designed for those who have an undergraduate degree in any discipline who wish to study for a qualification which focuses on cyber security in order to develop a career path in this discipline. The MSc in Cyber Security Technology is ideally suited to those who have no prior learning in cyber security, the modular content is reflective of this strategy.
This Masters programme has been designed in consultation with partners from industry to ensure you learn up-to-date cyber security knowledge required by employers across the industry. Graduates from the programme will be equipped to work in a variety of careers at an entry or junior level in the cyber security sector and IT industry or to progress to academic or research-orientated careers.
- Enhance your theoretical and applied knowledge expertise in the rapidly growing cyber security industry
- Demonstrate your security capabilities in important, emerging technologies such as the cloud and big data
- Develop your business intelligence and leadership capabilities
- Also available as MSc Cyber Security Technology with Advanced Practice
- Upon graduating, opt to further develop your skills and employability with Professional Pathways programmes through one of the UK’s leading IT and project management training providers, QA
Response to Covid-19: Our focus is on providing a safe and welcoming learning environment and ensuring continued access to learning.
As a result of the coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic and resulting social distancing requirements, we are intending to teach this course using a mix of on-campus and online learning activities. We continue to be guided by the Government to ensure our campus is Covid-secure. More information about our response to Covid-19 and FAQs are available here.
NU’s legal disclaimer:
All information is accurate at the time of sharing. Courses starting in 2021 are offered as a mix of face to face and online learning. We continue to monitor government and local authority guidance in relation to Covid-19 and we are ready and able to flex accordingly to ensure the health and safety of our students and staff. Contact time is subject to increase or decrease in line with restrictions, potentially to a full online offer, should restrictions increase in future. Our online activity will be delivered through Blackboard Ultra, enabling collaboration, connection and engagement with materials and people.