The MSc Business with Financial Management with Advanced Practice programme will give students both the general business knowledge and understanding as well as the personal skills needed for a wide variety of roles. The Advanced Practice element of this programme enables you to extend your studies to include an internship or applied group consultancy project, providing you with an excellent opportunity to develop your business skills and further enhance your employability.
This programme is run as part of our Newcastle Business School, part of a select group of business schools worldwide, following accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) in business and accounting – the first in Europe to gain the double accreditation. Founded in 1916, AACSB International is the longest serving global accrediting body for business schools that offer undergraduate, master's, and doctoral degrees in business and accounting”
This option offers the opportunity to spend three months gaining all-important work experience and employability skills in a professional work setting. You may be able to extend this over more than one semester in cases where it is adjacent to a vacation period. Support is provided to help source opportunities and to perfect the applicant CV but ultimately the onus is on the student to secure the internship position.
- Build your knowledge of finance and the impact this can have on business management
- Specialise in financial management in your second semester
- Developed for non-business graduates
- Put your learning in to practice and enhance your employability with an internship or applied group consultancy project
- Newcastle Business School is part of a select group of business schools worldwide, following accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) in business and accounting – the first in Europe to gain the double accreditation
- Upon successful completion of your programme, you may be eligible for the QA Professional Pathways programmes which will enable you to further develop your skills with one of the UK’s largest providers of IT and project management training