CQUniversity Australia has transitioned into one of the world’s leading universities, having been ranked by the prestigious Times Higher Education as one of the world’s top 2% universities (World University Rankings 2017 – 18) and among the world’s top 100 universities under 50 years old (Young Universities World University Rankings 2017). This reflects our commitment to research, learning and teaching, international outlook as well as providing the best student experience.
CQUniversity is a youthful, entrepreneurial and committed institution providing quality education and endless opportunities for students from all over the world to achieve their academic and career aspirations.
- Top 2% of universities worldwide (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2017 – 18)
- Top 100 universities under 50 years old (Times Higher Education Young Universities World Rankings 2017)
- Rated at, above and well above world standards in 14 research categories (Excellence for Research in Australia 2015)
- Australia’s first and only Ashoka U Changemaker Campus
- Australia’s largest university with over 20 locations
- Outperformed other Australian universities in full-time graduate employment success, graduate median salaries and student support (Quality Indicator for Learning and Teaching 2015)
CQUniversity has campuses located in cities ranked among the best for students and regional centres that are gateways to some of the world’s most spectacular landmarks. You can choose a campus that best suits you or mix campuses to see more of Australia. We have 14 campuses for international students:
- Mackay (Ooralea and City)
- Rockhampton (North and City)
CQUniversity offers about 100 courses at vocational, undergraduate and postgraduate levels. These courses have been developed alongside industry and are regularly reviewed to ensure they stay fresh and relevant. Many of these are available in a non-compulsory Term 3, so you can fast track your study and get out in the workforce sooner. A large number are available by distance education so you can complete your study in your home country at your own pace. Our courses are offered through 10 study areas:
- Business, Accounting and Law
- Creative, Performing and Visual Arts
- Education and Humanities
- Engineering and Built Environment
- Information Technology and Digital Media
- Psychology, Social Work and Community Services
- Science and Environment
- Service Industries
- Transport and Safety Sciences.
Internships and Placements
CQUniversity offers many opportunities for you to gain practical experience and build connections with prospective employees through paid and non-paid work placements, volunteering and unique 10-week internships in a selected number of business and IT courses. These unique internships are embedded in your course at no extra cost, are found for you, and do not extend the duration of your course.
CQUniversity offers various courses including English language, certificates and diplomas that can be studied as pathways for entry to our undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Upon completion of a selected number of our diplomas, you will progress to the second year of the related bachelor degrees. Other available pathway options include recognition of prior learning and articulation arrangements.
CQUniversity has in-country representatives in China, India and Singapore, and partners with an extensive network of authorised agents located all over the world. For our CQUGlobal mobility programs, we have reciprocal arrangements with many reputable institutions to allow our students to study part of their degrees overseas and vice versa to gain a truly global experience.
CQUniversity offers a range of scholarships and funding. The International Student Scholarship is available to all future undergraduate and postgraduate international students at any CQUniversity campus. The Scholarship rewards successful applicants with a 20% reduction in tuition fees for the duration of their studies, provided all terms and conditions are met. Every year the University spends approximately AU$2.5 million on these scholarships to support international students.
Facilities and Services
CQUniversity offers some of the best facilities in Australia:
- Seven world-class research centres and institutes
- Modern teaching spaces, labs, libraries and leisure facilities
- Onsite training facilities including an engineering precinct, allied health clinic, music conservatorium, forensic crash lab and training restaurants
- Well-equipped prayer and worship spaces
- On-campus student residences in Mackay and Rockhampton.
The University also provides extensive student support services:
- Academic advice and assistance through the Academic Learning Centre
- Career counselling services and access to CQUni Careers, Careers Connection and CareerHub
- Personal welfare support and referrals to specialist services
- Campus Life Committee and social clubs
- Comprehensive orientation and enrolment
- Student Arrivals Officers and Student Mentors at Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney campuses
- Accommodation advice and assistance
- Student mentor and leadership programs
- Disability support services.
CQUniversity has an alumni network of over 80 000 located in Australia and all over the world. Each of our alumni is making a positive impact in their local communities and around the globe, becoming part of the next generation of world leaders. Our distinguished alumni include an award winning film director, a managing director of a global hotel chain, a CEO of an award winning training organisation, and leaders in government, science and law.