English (4, SA), or equivalent; Maths A, B or C (4, SA), or equivalent; an Authority Science subject (4, SA), or equivalent.
All applicants must provide a mandatory written statement in support of your non-academic capabilities, demonstrating you hold the key attributes and motivations to become an effective teacher, as outlined by AITSL (Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership). You may consider the prompts mentioned below in each question to frame your response. For your application to be considered, you must write 200-500 words for each of the questions below:
- Tell us what has inspired you to become a teacher and tell us why you think teaching is a good career choice for you. (In your response, describe who and what has inspired you to become a teacher and describe the types of skills and abilities you will bring to teaching.)
- Describe one or two leadership, community and/or learning & development activities that you have engaged in. (In your response describe how these leadership, community and/or learning & development activities demonstrate your conscientiousness and coping strategies when you are faced with challenges.)
- Describe how you manage your time when you are both planning and coordinating activities in your personal schedule. (In your response provide examples of how you have put both your planning and coordinating skills to use.)
- Tell us about one or two times where you have utilised your problem-solving skills to achieve an outcome. (In your response explain what you learned, regardless of whether the outcome you achieved was positive or undesirable.)
English Proficiency Requirements
If you were not born in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland, or United States of America you are required to meet the English Language Proficiency requirements set by the University.
Applicants are required to provide evidence of completion within the last 5 years of:
- a secondary qualification (Year 11 and 12, or equivalent), or
- bachelor level qualification study for a period of at least 1 year fulltime with a minimum overall GPA 4.0
within Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland, or United States of America, which will meet the English proficiency.
If you do not satisfy any of the above you will need to undertake an English language proficiency test and achieve the following scores as below:
- An International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic) overall band score of at least 7.5 overall with a minimum 7.0 for Reading and Writing and 8.0 for Speaking and Listening; or
- An Occupational English Test with Grades A or B only in each of the four components.
English test results remain valid for no more than two years between final examination date and the date of commencement of study with CQUniversity, and must appear on a single result certificate.
Each student will be assessed individually.