The program focuses on specialized nutrition in the aspect of active longevity.
Ensuring quality and safety is the most important aspect of food production. Today, the ability of food industry enterprises to produce health-safe and high-quality products is becoming crucial for their competitiveness, dynamic development of production and increasing profits.
Nowadays, qualified specialists in the field of quality control and safety of food materials and products, as well as in quality management at all stages of the technological process are in high demand. According to the World Health Organization (WHO, 2002), active longevity refers to "the process of optimizing opportunities for health improvement and safety in order to enhance the quality of people's lives in the process of aging". However, nowadays certain requirements of people of different age groups are indicated, such as increasing performance, endurance, energy, improving memory, etc. Indeed, today's world witnesses the change of people's attitudes towards health and longevity, which is reflected in the level of people's awareness and rapidly affects the education market, the healthcare industry and socially important services globally. Practice-oriented Master's degree program in Food Quality and Safety allows students to form broad competencies and become competitive on the world labor market.
The graduates will:
- learn to determine and analyze the properties of food raw materials, semi-finished products and finished products that affect the optimization of the technological process, the quality and safety of finished products;
- be able to adopt modern approaches of quality management systems to specific production conditions based on international standards;
- learn to use knowledge of the latest achievements in the field of fundamental and applied sciences on innovative technologies for the production of high-quality and environmentally friendly food products;
- become aware of the science-based structure of basic nutrition of people of different population groups and of integrative selection of means and methods of ergogenic dietetics;
- be able to define a specialized nutrition strategy to achieve various goals;
- gain knowledge of methods for developing specialized nutrition depending on the needs of the target group.