Our BSc Information Systems Honours degree focuses on making sure that computer systems really are useable. There is a strong focus here on system design and evaluation techniques, especially for interactive systems, complemented by the management skills needed to plan and organise the large scale information resources that drive modern organisations.
If students wish, they can specialise in later years and graduate with a named degree in Interaction Design (G590), Internet Systems (G501) or Management (GN52).
Accredited by BCS, the Chartered Institute for IT on behalf of the Engineering Council for the purposes of fully meeting the academic requirement for Incorporated Engineer and partially meeting the academic requirement for a Chartered Engineer.
Accredited by BCS, the Chartered Institute for IT on behalf of the Science Council for the purposes of partially meeting the academic requirement for registration as a Chartered Scientist.
Work and study
This is what our BSc (Hons) Information Systems (Management) students are doing six months after graduating:
- 90% are working
- 5% are studying
- 0% are working and studying.
- 90% of those working are in a professional/managerial position six months after graduating.
- The average salary of students six months after graduating: £25000
- The average UK salary of students six months after graduating from a similar course: £23000
These are the most common jobs students go into six months after graduating:
- Information technology and telecommunications professionals
- Business and public service associate professionals
- Sales occupations
- Business, research and administrative professionals
- Skilled trades occupations
- Science, engineering and technology associate professionals