Our four year BSc Computer Science Honours degree is oriented to constructing robust and useable systems. We aim to teach people not just how to deploy cutting edge tools and techniques, but how to build the next generation of software tools that other system constructors will use. This programme aims to give a well integrated balance of theoretical underpinnings and practical experience, strongly informed by the research expertise of our academic staff.
If students wish, they can specialise in later years and graduate with a named degree in Games Programming, Artificial Intelligence or Software Engineering.
Teaching excellence and student satisfaction
86% of our 2017 graduates reported in the National Student Survey that they were satisfied overall with their course.
Accredited by BCS, the Chartered Institute for IT for the purposes of fully meeting the academic requirement for registration as a Chartered IT Professional.
Accredited by BCS, the Chartered Institute for IT on behalf of the Engineering Council for the purposes of fully meeting the academic requirement for Incorporated Engineer and partially meeting the academic requirement for a Chartered Engineer.
Accredited by BCS, the Chartered Institute for IT on behalf of the Science Council for the purposes of partially meeting the academic requirement for registration as a Chartered Scientist.
Work and study
This is what our BSc (Hons) Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence) students are doing six months after graduating:
- 95% are working
- 5% are studying
- 0% are working and studying.
- 85% of those working are in a professional/managerial position six months after graduating.
- The average salary of students six months after graduating: £25000
- The average UK salary of students six months after graduating from a similar course: £23000
These are the most common jobs students go into six months after graduating:
- Information technology and telecommunications professionals
- Business and public service associate professionals
- Sales occupations
- Skilled trades occupations