The course covers basic knowledge, combined with recent developments in research. It's designed to help you develop your advanced mathematical and statistical skills - giving you an understanding of their application to the formulation and solution of real-world problems. In essence, this degree in mathematics combines specialist knowledge with key transferable skills.
95% of our 2015 graduates reported in the National Student Survey that they were satisfied overall with their mathematics degree.
Work and study
This is what our BSc Mathematics students are doing six months after graduating:
- 40% are working
- 40% are studying
- 5% are working and studying.
- 70% of those working are in a professional/managerial position six months after graduating.
- The average salary of students six months after graduating: £20000
- The average UK salary of students six months after graduating from a similar course: £23000
These are the most common jobs students go into six months after graduating:
- Business and public service associate professionals
- Business, research and administrative professionals
- Sales occupations
- Information technology and telecommunications professionals
- Teaching and educational professionals
- Skilled trades occupations
- Elementary occupations