Provides a broad-based education in electrical and electronic engineering. During the first three Levels students study topics from low current electronics to high power systems. In Level 4 students can choose from a set of specialism courses to complement their thesis topic selection.
Accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) on behalf of the Engineering Council for the purposes of fully meeting the academic requirement for registration as an Incorporated Engineer and partially meeting the academic requirement for registration as a Chartered Engineer.
Work and study
This is what our BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering students are doing six months after graduating:
- 65% are working
- 10% are studying
- 0% are working and studying.
- 70% of those working are in a professional/managerial position six months after graduating.
- The average salary of students six months after graduating: £27000
- The average UK salary of students six months after graduating from a similar course: £26000
These are the most common jobs students go into six months after graduating:
- Engineering professionals
- Managers, directors and senior officials
- Administrative occupations
- Sales occupations
- Process, plant and machine operatives