- Candidates must have a good first degree AND 3 years’ management experience*
- Or 10 years’ management experience without a degree
- Academic or business references
- For part-time and distance-learning, they must have access to company data for assignments ( this is non-negotiable)
- IELTS of 7.0
Applications can be sent on the standard University of Reading form along with English language certificate, CV and references. These should be sent to Sirin Myles and Ruth Parkinson as outlined earlier.
There is no application fee and Henley Business School aims to turn around applications in a month.
In addition to the costs outlined yesterday, please be aware that the distance learning strand MBA has a 20% discount for women and those working for the not-for-profit sector.
The MBA is based at the Greenlands campus in Henley, there is no accommodation for full-time students. However, the students are introduced to each other before the programme using their web enrolment system. Last year, 5 full-time students arranged to rent a house together.
Distance-learning students are expected to spend 3 days at Henley every 4 to 5 months, they can stay in the on-site accommodation for £65 per night.
*= Management Experience (Candidates must show at least 3 of these 6 qualities)
Please make sure that the application makes management experience very clear to the admissions tutor.
1. Demonstrable involvement in shaping managerial decision that affect events beyond the standard daily operational activities
2. Co-ordinating the work of others in a team
3. Responsibility for meeting financial targets that rely on the efforts of more than one person
4. Experience of structuring and ordering one’s own work activities over one month to solve problems and deliver results
5. Defined responsibility for improving the performance of people, processes or technology
6. Achieves results through influencing others rather than through direct authority