A level of management expertise is critical to landing a leading role in construction. Our MSc in Project Management for Construction will help you confidently tackle the technical, commercial, organisational, financial and legal issues that can appear in a project’s lifecycle.
Why this MSc Project Management for Construction?
If you see yourself leading multi-organisational teams on a construction project, but need to hone your management skills first, you’ve come to the right place.
On this course, you’ll examine construction project management from all angles. You’ll consider the economic, social and environmental issues that can affect various ventures.
You’ll also familiarise yourself with the main tools and techniques available for project management, including Building Information Modelling (BIM) processes and other essential software.
Whether you’re looking to improve your leadership abilities within your current role or move into a more senior position, you’ll leave this course with the skills and confidence to manage complex construction projects.
What you’ll study
This course examines whole projects from initiation through to delivery. You’ll be challenged to examine real case studies so you’re ready to face any obstacles construction projects can encounter.
On this course, you'll:
- Learn to consider construction project management as an integrated process, starting when clients make the initial decision to begin a construction project
- Develop a critical understanding of the economic, social and environmental issues that affect large construction projects, as well as the expertise to address them
- Gain experience with BIM processes and Revit software, and understand the information management behind it
- Examine the range of tools and techniques available for project management, including how to apply them and justify their use
- Become familiar with the laws surrounding construction, including construction contract law and other forms of liability
How you're assessed
All assessments for the course are based on coursework submitted online. Your performance is assessed through coursework such as:
- Written assessments
- A dissertation
You’ll also receive feedback on formal and informal assessments to help you improve your work.