Global Financial integration is a defining feature of the twenty first century. Our MSc International Finance and Banking course will help you build a finance career with a global perspective. Graduates from this course have the conceptual, analytical and professional skills needed in this new era of financial globalisation.
On this MSc International Finance and Banking degree course, you'll focus on multinational corporate finance and international banking. You'll learn about international money and financial markets, the theory and practice of corporate financial management, and analyse real-time financial market data movements on our Bloomberg terminals.
When you graduate, you'll be able to take on roles in corporate finance, and corporate financial services in banking and investment banking, accountancy and financial management.
What you'll experience
On this course you'll:
- Learn from experts in the sector, with research and consultancy experience, and links in the industry
- Study econometrics, multinational corporate financial management, international banking and money markets
- Use our Bloomberg suite to analyse real-time financial market data and make virtual trades
- Access our extensive financial databases including Bloomberg, DataStream and Bank Scope, along with excellent library facilities and 24-hour internet access
- Complete an independent research project which showcases your skills and knowledge in the field
Work experience and career planning
We'll help you to identify internships, voluntary roles and opportunities that will complement your studies.
When you finish the course, our Careers and Employability service can help you find a job that puts your skills to work in the international finance industry.
After you leave the University, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.
What you'll study on this MSc International Finance and Banking degree course
Core modules include:
- Corporate Finance: Technical Foundations
- Econometric Modelling
- Financial Econometrics
- Foreign Exchange Market Analysis
- International Banking, Financial Markets And Monetary Policy
- International Banking: Efficiency, Competition And Regulation
- International Money And Capital Markets
- Multinational Corporate Finance
Teaching on this course includes:
- computer-based workshops
- guest speakers
- live case studies
How you're assessed
The way you’re assessed may depend on the modules you select. Assessments will test your knowledge, and build the personal management and employability skills that are essential for your career.
Careers and opportunities
When you graduate, you'll understand the complexities of modern financial markets and be in a strong position to pursue a career within the finance and industrial sectors, including investment analysis, securities trading, banking and investment banking, accountancy and financial management.
What jobs can you do with a International Finance and Banking degree?
Career opportunities include:
- commercial finance analyst
- bid pricing executive
- graduate econometrician
- hedge fund manager
- financial regulator
We'll provide you with as much support as possible in finding employment through close industrial contacts, careers events, recruitment fairs and individual advice.