Oil and gas play a significant role in today's global energy market and will continue to do so for many years. Advances in technology to recover these valuable resources require contributions from all branches of science and engineering to ensure best practice, economic survival and protection of the environment. We have developed this programme to allow Chemical Engineering graduates to have key skills in petroleum engineering and related subjects. Graduates will be a valuable asset to energy companies developing oil and gas reserves by utilising their awareness of the petroleum industry coupled to the wider base in chemical engineering.
The Diploma in Industrial Training (DIT) allows students the chance to work in the chemical and process industry before completing their final year(s) of study. The programme structure is the same as the MEng programme. Students need to apply and be accepted for a place in industry in order to qualify for the DIT award.
Accredited by the Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE) on behalf of the Engineering Council for the purposes of fully meeting the academic requirement for registration as an Incorporated Engineer and fully meeting the academic requirement for registration as a Chartered Engineer.
Work and study
This is what our MEng with DIT Chemical Engineering with Oil and Gas Technology with Diploma in Industrial Training students are doing six months after graduating:
- 66% are working
- 16% are studying
- 4% are working and studying.
- 80% of those working are in a professional/managerial position six months after graduating.
- The average salary of students six months after graduating: £26000
- The average UK salary of students six months after graduating from a similar course: £27000
These are the most common jobs students go into six months after graduating:
- Engineering professionals
- Sales occupations
- Science, engineering and technology associate professionals
- Natural and social science professionals
- Teaching and educational professionals
- Conservation and environment professionals
- Business and public service associate professionals
- Administrative occupations
- Customer service occupations