The Diploma in Industrial Training, which is available with all our Chemical Engineering programmes, allows students the chance to work in the chemical and process industry before completing their final year(s) of study. The programme structure is the same as followed by the MEng/BEng programme. Students need to apply and be accepted for a place in industry in order to qualify for the DIT award.
Work and study
This is what our MEng Chemical Engineering and Diploma in Industrial Training students are doing six months after graduating:
- 66% are working
- 16% are studying
- 4% are working and studying.
- 80% of those working are in a professional/managerial position six months after graduating.
- The average salary of students six months after graduating: £26000
- The average UK salary of students six months after graduating from a similar course: £27000
These are the most common jobs students go into six months after graduating:
- Engineering professionals
- Sales occupations
- Science, engineering and technology associate professionals
- Natural and social science professionals
- Teaching and educational professionals
- Conservation and environment professionals
- Business and public service associate professionals
- Administrative occupations
- Customer service occupations