Chemistry graduates work both in the chemical industry, which is enormously important to the UK economy, and also outside the chemical industry. These large industries require highly qualified and motivated Chemistry graduates. The industrial placement enables students to develop their skills and for the company to get to know them. Students will benefit from the staff training and assessment programmes of the company and gain wide experience of the industrial sector.
Accredited by the Royal Society of Chemistry for partially meeting the academic criteria for Chartered Chemist (CChem).
Work and study
This is what our MChem Chemistry with Industrial Experience students are doing six months after graduating:
- 38% are working
- 43% are studying
- 5% are working and studying.
- 70% of those working are in a professional/managerial position six months after graduating.
- The average salary of students six months after graduating: £21000
- The average UK salary of students six months after graduating from a similar course: £20000
These are the most common jobs students go into six months after graduating:
- Natural and social science professionals
- Science, engineering and technology associate professionals
- Elementary occupations
- Engineering professionals
- Teaching and educational professionals
- Business, research and administrative professionals
- Business and public service associate professionals
- Administrative occupations
- Leisure, travel and related personal service occupations
- Sales occupations