Holidays, business trips, trips around the world ...As a tourism manager, your job is to put together trips, make smart purchasing decisions and establish contacts all around the globe. Bachelor's degree International Tourism Management: your boarding pass to the future.
You might work as, for example, a product manager, event manager, travel adviser or city marketer. You can also start your own business.
Register here for the (online) open days and events.
Do you like to explore new countries and other cultures, are you commercially minded, and would you like to learn how to organise a successful event?
If so, come develop your talents in the International Tourism Management degree programme. After completing the degree programme, you will be able to put together your own trips and organise international events on business-related and other themes. You will also know how to sell them, online and offline. As a tourism professional, you could go to work for a tour operator, for example, or start a business of your own.
Tourism remains tremendously important to the global economy. The industry has changed a great deal, thanks to developments such as online business and the COVID crisis. Travel products are evolving as well: today’s consumers are looking for unique experiences. In addition to package and group travel, the demand for tailor-made travel and sustainable options is also on the rise. This world never stands still!
Best tourism study programme
For eleven years in a row, this bachelor’s programme has taken top honours in the Higher Education Study Guide. The programme has also received the highest scores in the National Student Survey for twelve consecutive years. And the Elsevier survey on ‘Best Study Programmes 2021’ awarded the study programme a gold medal as well.
Do you want to earn an Associate degree in International Tourism Management? That too is possible!
Why do students choose International Tourism Management?
- Tio offers the option of accelerated studying: complete a bachelor’s degree in just three years.
- The tourism sector has a strong need for young professionals with in-depth knowledge of e-commerce. That is why Tio graduates are in high demand.
- Last year, Dutch tourists booked 78% of their trips online. The travel industry needs specialists in this field. The International Tourism Management program, therefore, combines knowledge of tourism with e-commerce.
- You study at the Netherlands’ best tourism program. Eight years running, as elected by the Higher Education Guide.
- Tourism involves much more than just booking a trip. MICE has become an integral part of the tourism sector, which is why event management is a major component of the International Tourism Management study program.
- You will have many career opportunities available to you after completing this study course.
- At Tio, you are not a number; there is a strong focus on personal development and supervision.
This study programme focuses on international tourism and event management. Management and entrepreneurship will play an important role as well.
You will also complete modules related to professional development and practice-oriented research. You will attend inspiring masterclasses, go on international study trips and make many choices for yourself. You can take one or two minors or do an internship with a world-famous company.
International experience is important, which is why you will complete at least one study component abroad. You can opt to do your (final) internship abroad or study at a partner university.
The world is your playground! You will learn everything there is to know about tourism and will soon know how to develop and sell a new travel product - in a sustainable and socially responsible way, of course.
- Tourism product knowledge
- Tourism destinations in Europe
- Travel planning
- Tourism experience management
- Tourism destinations worldwide
- lnbound tourism
- Destination management
- Sustainability & global citizenship
- Language of choice
- Strategic tourism management
How do you come up with and organise an event? Learn how to market a successful event, and how to use that event as a marketing tool - for instance, to promote your new travel product!
- Event management basics
- City marketing
- Strategie event management
Management and entrepreneurship
You will learn what a good business plan looks like, develop your management skills and know how to capitalise on market opportunities as an enterprising tourism professional.
- Finance & accounting basics
- Digital marketing
- International strategic management
Professional and personal development
During your study programme, you will develop professionally and personally. For example, by working on your communication skills such as presenting, conversation techniques, storytelling and writing. You will also complete a module on intercultural communication and work on a personal development plan. As part of this, you will practise reflecting, giving feedback and learning to deal with stress, while also taking an in-depth look at time and project management.
Through practice-oriented research you develop an investigative approach through which you improve your professional skills. You learn how to give advice, make recommendations and design a plan or product. You will also learn how to devise solutions together with others for challenges that arise in practice. What are the exact requirements? What information do you need? And how do you collect that input in a good way?
Bachelor's in 3 or 4 years | Associate degree in 2 years
Ambitious students have the opportunity to complete the bachelor's degree in just three years. You can also complete the bachelor's programme in four years. You can obtain the Associate degree in two years. If you start in January, it will take you six months longer to complete the programme, at no extra cost.