About Master of Business Administration, MBA - at Tio Business School
Register here for our (online) open days and events.
The business community is crying out for highly skilled professionals like yourself. This broad-based degree programme will help you develop the right skills within one academic year: you will strengthen your analytical thinking while, at the same time, putting in-depth academic knowledge into practice.
Focus on the professional field
Tio’s Master of Business Administration has a strong focus on real-world practice. Through case studies from the professional field, assignments and company visits, you will gain awareness of current developments and continuously strive to link theory and practice. You will also take part in inspiring masterclasses from renowned speakers and be taught by top lecturers from the field. Because they know exactly what is going on in the industry today, these lecturers can give you excellent guidance.
Why choose the Master of Business Administration?
Why should you choose Tio University and the Master of Business administration? Because the business world is desperate for highly educated managers like you with the right skills. With this master's degree, you can also hold positions that you cannot get with just a bachelor's degree. You are widely employable and the business world likes to work with professionals who have practical experience, but who also have well-developed analytical skills.
Why do students choose the Master of Business Administration?
- You will have your master degree in only one year. The MBA programme is a twelve-month master's programme that is available at all Tio campuses.
- The MBA programme hones your critical thinking and analysis skills. You can translate your analyses into concrete recommendations, plans and innovative tools at the strategic level. In doing so, you take various perspectives and developments within the organisation into account.
- This master's programme leads to more job opportunities and a higher starting level and starting wage. In other words, a master's programme is an investment in your career.
- With this MBA, Tio gives you the opportunity to enrol in a master's programme in a small-scale environment. You can enjoy the many benefits of Tio's personal and top-quality education while giving your career a boost with a valuable degree.
- As an ambitious student, you are able to choose your own curriculum and the structure of your MBA programme. You can choose one of three specialisations (international management, hospitality or commercial management) and pick your own graduation theme.
Master's degree in only 1 year
All MBA students complete the core curriculum:
- Financial Management
- Human Resource Management
- Operations Management
- Strategic Management
During your Master of Business Administration, you will also choose one of three specialisations: international management, hospitality management or commercial management.
Specialise in business intelligence and learn how to take better and faster decisions based on data (and Big Data). Want a high-flying career as an entrepreneur, either in the Netherlands or internationally? At Tio, you will use case studies, research, company visits, workshops, lectures and guest lectures to develop your entrepreneurial mindset, knowledge and skills. You will also work to build personal leadership.
- Business intelligence
- Personal leadership
- International business and innovation
Learn sustainable business practices for the hospitality industry, as well as how to identify and make the most of opportunities for innovation. Dive into the world of strategic facility management and learn how to draw up facility-related policies. In doing so, you will naturally consider current developments such as robotisation and digitisation. You will also take a more in-depth look at personal leadership.
- Sustainable business and innovation
- Personal leadership
- Strategic facility management
Develop your commercial qualities and learn how to use marketing and communication tools strategically to increase turnover and form long-term relationships with customers. You will expand your knowledge with regard to information management and technology and learn how to organise business processes in a way that maximises profit. You will also work on yourself and your leadership qualities.
- Information Management
- Personal leadership
- Strategic marketing management
This is your chance to develop yourself personally and professionally: learn what your interests are and write an essay about them. You will also acquire all the skills you need to conduct solid research at a master’s level
A problem statement, literature research, surveys, variables: all the ingredients you need for your thesis research are covered here. While working on your graduation thesis, you will provide a recommendation to the industry in which you are conducting your research.
This Master of Business Administration (ISAT-code 70024) has been accredited by the NVAO and educate students in one year for the internationally recognized title of Master of Business Administration (MBA)4). This Master of Business Administration (MBA) is made available in collaboration with our business partner NTI.
Learn more about Master of Business Administration, MBA - at Tio Business School Visit course webpage