If you want to start your career with a year's work experience in hand, then you should consider this programme. It combines the rigorous studies of the BSc (Hons) in Mathematics with Finance with a year-long work placement in level 4. Good performance means 12 months' experience of working in an organisation in the financial sector. The Diploma in Industrial Training is gained through successful completion of this work placement. The work placement helps you to develop specific work-related skills, giving you the opportunity to apply and build upon the theory you learn in your studies. It allows you to take on real responsibilities, enhance your interpersonal skills through teamwork and communication and experience workplace culture.
The Diploma is available to all students, including those from overseas, as it does not require a work visa. If you are planning to come to the UK using a student visa you should check the Tier 4 Student Visa Policy Guidance to confirm you are permitted to undertake a work placement as part of your studies. It is your responsibility to find a suitable work placement; acceptance onto the programme does not guarantee you a placement. If you are registered on the programme and are unable to find a suitable work placement before the end of level 3 then you can transfer to the standard BSc (Hons) in Mathematics with Finance degree.
Teaching excellence and student satisfaction
95% of our 2015 graduates reported in the National Student Survey that they were satisfied overall with their course.
Work and study
This is what our BSc Mathematics with Finance and Diploma in Industrial Training students are doing six months after graduating:
- 62% are working
- 20% are studying
- 8% are working and studying.
- 80% of those working are in a professional/managerial position six months after graduating.
- The average salary of students six months after graduating: £26000
- The average UK salary of students six months after graduating from a similar course: £23000
These are the most common jobs students go into six months after graduating:
- Business, research and administrative professionals
- Business and public service associate professionals
- Sales occupations
- Elementary occupations
- Information technology and telecommunications professionals
- Teaching and educational professionals
- Skilled trades occupations
- Science, engineering and technology associate professionals