The MA in Economics and Finance does not require prior knowledge of the core disciplines of economics and finance. Study begins at an introductory level and the degree has a flexible structure to enable students to tailor their studies so that they can pursue their own interests. As a result, graduates are able to embark upon successful careers, especially in banking, finance, the civil service and a wide range of management roles, and also pursue further study in economics and related disciplines.
Work and study
This is what our MA (Hons) Economics and Finance students are doing six months after graduating:
- 80% are working
- 0% are studying
- 20% are working and studying.
- 80% of those working are in a professional/managerial position six months after graduating.
- The average salary of students six months after graduating: £24000
- The average UK salary of students six months after graduating from a similar course: £25000
These are the most common jobs students go into six months after graduating:
- Business and public service associate professionals
- Business, research and administrative professionals
- Managers, directors and senior officials
- Sales occupations
- Elementary occupations