The University of Nottingham's Centre for English Language Education (CELE) provides high quality academic English and study skills preparation and support before and during your studies. We offer:
- cutting edge courses: specially designed to give you the best preparation and support for your academic programme
- experienced professional tutors: our tutors understand the challenges of international education and are experts in teaching academic English
- iindividual tutorials: integrated into preparation courses and available on support courses
- a great social programme: you can take part in a wide variety of social programmes including trips around Nottingham and to York, Liverpool and Stratford-upon-Avon
- first-class facilities: you can use the University’s extensive library, Sports centre and other facilities
- CELE is part of a world-leading School of Education: ranked 28th in the world
The Centre for English Language Education (CELE) has a range of innovative and contemporary academic English courses to prepare you for study in English. You can attend an academic English course if you have not yet reached the language level for your chosen academic course.
All courses are assessed continuously with no need to take IELTS again. If you reach your target level in the final assessment, you can progress directly to your academic programme.
If you would like to take a subject specific course, you can take Business and Management, Law or the Built Environment during summer.
If you have met your English Language requirements and would like to prepare for your course, we recommend our 4-week Study Skills and Academic English programme.
For a more extensive overview, please visit the course page on the University of Nottingham's online prospectus.