Mathematics and physics are inextricably linked. The comprehensive grounding in mathematics offered by this programme underpins an exploration of key physics topics, including quantum theory, nuclear physics and solid state physics. While a clear understanding of the subject will be a given, employers will also be looking for the other qualities imparted through this programme, in particular numerical, analytical and problem solving skills.
Teaching excellence and student satisfaction
95% of our 2015 graduates reported in the National Student Survey that they were satisfied overall with their course.
Work and study
This is what our BSc Mathematics with Physics students are doing six months after graduating:
- 62% are working
- 20% are studying
- 8% are working and studying.
- 80% of those working are in a professional/managerial position six months after graduating.
- The average salary of students six months after graduating: £26000
- The average UK salary of students six months after graduating from a similar course: £23000
These are the most common jobs students go into six months after graduating:
- Business, research and administrative professionals
- Business and public service associate professionals
- Sales occupations
- Elementary occupations
- Information technology and telecommunications professionals
- Teaching and educational professionals
- Skilled trades occupations
- Science, engineering and technology associate professionals