At AFDA, we recognise the need for a unique education for careers in the creative economy. In 2015 we announced the AFDA School of Business Innovation & Technology; a new stream addressing the rapid changes in business and technology and that will better prepare graduates for opportunities of the future.
The School of Business Innovation & Technology is designed to train young creatives, entrepreneurs and technology-savvy graduates to deal with disruptive opportunities that will continue to change the way we do business and perceive opportunity in the world today.
In the BCom degree, students will learn to:
- Understand the marketplace for new technology based start-up businesses in the creative, media and other industries.
- Understand how businesses in the field of new technologies function.
- Understand how to employ new technologies in disruptive ways to gain a foothold in the marketplace and to compete at new levels in the creative industries in the sectors of media, sport and entertainment.
- Understand how to manage money to ensure the financial stability of their start-up business.
- Understand marketing to ensure that their business idea reaches the required markets.
All of AFDA’s programmes integrate with each other at various points in the curriculum. Please contact your nearest campus to book a consultation with the Head of School, BCom lecturer or a member of the recruitment team to discuss the details of the curriculum.