Build on your business skills and develop your understanding of the flow of information between suppliers, manufacturers, logistics service providers, retailers and consumers on this MSc Logistics and Supply Chain Management degree course.
On this course, you'll integrate analytical techniques for optimisation with the current issues and latest developments in technology relating to logistics and operations management. You'll learn how to streamline activities to improve the overall effectiveness and efficiency of an organisation. And you'll plan and produce a personal research-driven project, honing your skills and knowledge in the field.
We'll provide the expertise and support so you can develop your professional practice. Once you graduate, you'll have all the tools required for a career in logistics and operations management, either in the UK or further afield.
What you'll experience
On this course, you'll:
- Study key topics in the field, including Logistics Modelling, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management and Strategic Logistics
- Use our simulation software to solve real-life case studies
- Develop the problem-solving, decision-making and interpersonal skills essential to a career in logistics and supply chain management
- Get to grips with specialist mathematical and statistical packages in our computer labs
- Carry out research into a large-scale or challenging logistics problem, such as transportation, warehouse design and layout, container port layout, production planning or green logistics
- Learn from academic staff with experience in the field, including research and consultancy
Work experience and career planning
We'll help you to identify internships, voluntary roles and opportunities that will complement your studies.
When you finish the course, our Careers and Employability service can help you find a job that puts your skills to work in the field of logistics and supply chain management.
After you leave the University, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.
What you'll study on this MSc Logistics and Supply Chain Management degree course
Core modules currently include:
- Logistics Modelling
- Operations Management
- Project (Masters Logistics)
- Strategic Logistics
- Supply Chain Management
Teaching on this course includes:
- practical computer-based sessions
- laboratory and project work
How you're assessed
You'll be assessed through:
- laboratory assignments
You'll be able to test your skills and knowledge informally before you do assessments that count towards your final mark.
You can get feedback on practice and formal assessments so you can improve in future.
Careers and opportunities
Logistics and supply chain management are critical in most organisations. When you graduate from this course, you'll be qualified for a career in the traditional areas of manufacturing logistics, distribution and supply chain management, but also industries such as postal and express delivery, the emergency services, the military and defence industry.
What can you do with a Logistics and Supply Chain Management degree?
Career opportunities include:
- Production management
- Transportation management
- Quality control
- Facilities planning
- Supply chain management
- Passenger transportation
We'll provide you with as much support as possible in finding employment through close industrial contacts, careers events, recruitment fairs and individual advice.