The Bordeaux Biology Agrosciences (B2AS) program offers an integrated multidisciplinary approach that is adapted to the realities of research (background research) as well as to the socio-economic sector (professional courses). The program objectives are to train and equip researchers and professionals to face the issues posed by agriculture in the 21st century. This is achived by integrating plant biotechnology and agrofood technology within course content in order to deal with the challenges of innovation in agriculture.
With such an integrated approach, the Master B2AS represents a meeting point between academia and professionals. During the program, students may specialize either in the field of plant biology, biotechnology, plant breeding, genetics, plant and human health benefits, food production and innovation. The wide partner network provides students with a range of complementary expertise. This means that specific competencies are developed within the chosen field of biotechnology and plant breeding for agriculture improvements.
Strengths of this Master program?
During their studies, students will:
- Acquire scientific knowledge in various fields of plant biology, green biotechnology, food supplements, food production, etc.
- Receive a modern research-based training.
- Develop an understanding of the challenges of modern agricultural practices in a context of environmental constraints and increasing demand.
- Develop an understanding of the benefits and limits of modern biotechnology.
- Acquire the skills to develop action planning processes for bioscience.
- Acquire skills and practice within an English-speaking environment as well as other languages practised within the consortium.
- Develop the necessary skills to collaborate with international teams and networks.
- Acquire competencies for knowledge transfer to students and collaborators.
- Develop competencies to create, finance and manage a new start-up.
- Acquire an understanding of today’s industrial and economic environment within the Biotech sector.
After this Master program?
The objectives of the B2AS program are to prepare students for further study via PhD programs and/or careers in the food and agronomy industry throughout the world. This is achieved by providing high-level training in plant sciences but also by preparing students with relevant knowledge and skills in management and business.
Graduates may apply for positions in the following industrial sectors in a R&D laboratory as well as in production activities:
- Plant research laboratories
- Plant breeding companies
- Agro-chemical companies
- Green and white biotechnology companies
- Food, diet and nutrition companies
- Plant medicinal production companies
- Food supplement or nutraceutical companies
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Business trade companies