This Euro-Mediterranean Master program, specialized in Neurobiology and Biotechnology, follows the European system of postgraduate studies with equivalent credit value. The courses and evaluation procedure are identical within all partner universities.
High-level, innovative and interdisciplinary training in Neuroscience is conducted with students studying theoretical concepts together with a broad range of experimental methods used in biotechnology and biomedicine. Individual projects in neuroscience and biotechnology are carried out, requiring the elaboration and communication of scientific data and concepts. Students will also master the competencies necessary to implement modern techniques and manage complex, experimental set-ups.
Teaching follows standards of excellence and is provided by international experts of the consortium. This consortium offers a large variety of top-level research labs for student training. In addition, consortium partners extend this offer with opportunities in their laboratories. Throughout their study and training, students develop connections and network across Europe and the Mediterranean region.
Strengths of this Master program?
- International curriculum with identical core course.
- Open to students following initial training and lifelong learning methods.
- Innovative teaching based on group work and flipped classroom with modern e-learning tools favoring student autonomy.
- Development of a collaborative MOOC on the societal implications of neuroscience.
- Specialization tracks based on the expertise of each partner in fundamental or biomedical sciences.
- A unique, wide-range of complementary competences and methods that cover all fields of modern neuroscience, from molecular aspects to in vivo analysis.
- A dense network of expert research labs and easy access to high-level, specialized core facilities.
- Student R&D projects in academic and industrial fields.
- Bilingual teaching and close collaboration between universities to promote international, mobility opportunities.
After this Master program?
Graduates will be able to continue their studies with research:
- Application to the PhD programs currently available in the consortium member’s institutions, or in any research institution worldwide.
They may also apply for positions as the following:
- Researcher, Service Engineer, Application Scientist, Bio-Medical Engineer, Sale Engineer, Healthcare Executive.