If you want to start your career with a year's work experience in hand, then you should consider this programme. It combines the rigorous studies of the BSc (Hons) Computer Science with a year of work placement in level 4. Good performance means 12 months experience of working in an organisation in the computing sector. The Diploma in Industrial Training is gained through successful completion of the work placement. The work placement helps you to develop specific work-related skills, giving you the opportunity to apply and build upon the theory you've learned. This programme aims to give a well-integrated balance of theoretical underpinnings and practical experience, strongly informed by the research expertise of our academic staff.
Work and study
This is what our BSc (Hons) Computer Science and Diploma in Industrial Training students are doing six months after graduating:
- 90% are working
- 5% are studying
- 0% are working and studying.
- 90% of those working are in a professional/managerial position six months after graduating.
- The average salary of students six months after graduating: £25000
- The average UK salary of students six months after graduating from a similar course: £23000
These are the most common jobs students go into six months after graduating:
- Information technology and telecommunications professionals
- Business and public service associate professionals
- Sales occupations
- Business, research and administrative professionals
- Skilled trades occupations
- Science, engineering and technology associate professionals