The programme is designed to equip students to tackle innovative and challenging professional tasks associated with energy provision and utilisation. Students will acquire skills to take responsibility for decision-making where energy and the environment are important issues. Building on a sound engineering foundation, students will be introduced to specialised energy topics, management and environmental impact assessment.
Accredited by the Energy Institute (EI) on behalf of the Engineering Council for the purposes of fully meeting the academic requirement for registration as a Chartered Engineer.
Accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) on behalf of the Engineering Council for the purposes of fully meeting the academic requirement for registration as an Incorporated Engineer and partially meeting the academic requirement for registration as a Chartered Engineer.
Work and study
This is what our BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering and Energy Engineering students are doing six months after graduating:
- 55% are working
- 20% are studying
- 0% are working and studying.
- 90% of those working are in a professional/managerial position six months after graduating.
- The average salary of students six months after graduating: £25000
- The average UK salary of students six months after graduating from a similar course: £25000
These are the most common jobs students go into six months after graduating:
- Engineering professionals
- Elementary occupations
- Business and public service associate professionals
- Quality and regulatory professionals
- Science, engineering and technology associate professionals
- Welfare and housing associate professionals
- Design occupations
- Administrative occupations
- Sales occupations
- Process, plant and machine operatives