High school students wishing to broaden their knowledge before entering college or university can take part in the High School Program at Florence University of the Arts. This is held during the summer over a three-week or four-week period in Florence, Italy. The four-week program starts with a week of Cultural Introduction to Italy, which involves field learning experience in different locations throughout Italy, followed by three weeks of coursework in Florence. We provide students the opportunity to customize their curriculum by choosing courses from a variety of subjects. We also offer them the chance to explore Italian culture through afternoon activities. Selected courses prepare students for college entrance and the transfer of credits.
1. Receive counseling and assistance from our live-in resident assistant.
2. Participate in three weekend field trips to various Italian desitinations.
3. Join in daily extracurricular activities such as sports, discovering Florence, and culinary explorations.
4. Prepare for college education and get a grasp of college life.
5. Live and study in the capital of the Tuscany Region for 3-4 weeks.
6. Acccommodation and partial meal plan provided.