About EITM Master School - MSc Data Science and AI for Competitive Manufacturing, MSc, Double Masters - at EIT Manufacturing
The Data Science and AI for Competitive Manufacturing program (DS) is a Master of Science level program within the EIT Manufacturing (EITM) Master School. The EITM Master School is a highly prestigious Manufacturing Engineering and Science education provider on advanced level with a focus on Innovation and Entrepreneurship (I&E). The education at EIT Manufacturing Master School combines technical competence with skills in Innovation and Entrepreneurship. EIT Manufacturing Master School students will be an elite group of forthcoming engineers, ICT experts, operators, innovators, and other relevant professionals.
Data Science and AI for Competitive Manufacturing is a combination of studying manufacturing science and Information and communication technology including the usage and adoption of advanced digital solutions and platforms. During the program, students will gain new skills in these areas.
- Relevant fields of study include modeling and simulation, virtual prototyping, service and system engineering, machine learning, and data mining.
- Students learn the latest theoretical knowledge and know how to apply their skills in practical real-life problems. Typical application areas of Data Science and AI for competitive manufacturing: Cyber-physical systems (CPS), Information system management, digital monitoring, and digital security.
Students will have a solid background with well-founded scientific knowledge with significant technical and application content, favoring immediate entrance to the job market. Typical functions of a DS engineer and ICT expert include quality management, design and management of manufacturing processes, industrial installations as well as machine learning techniques, and High-performance computing for data science.
Learn more about the program here.
The first year is spent at one university (entry) and the second year at another (exit) university in two different European countries. There is a choice of 2 entry points and 1 exit point.
The following universities provide an entry year (first year):
- University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Southern Switzerland (SUPSI)
- Ecole Centrale de Nantes (ECN), France
- University College Dublin (UCD), Ireland
The following parties provide an exit year (second year):
- Università di Trento (UNITN), Italy
NB: EIT Manufacturing reserves the right to change the exit university of this programme
The two years program (120 ECTS) includes an Innovation and Entrepreneurship (I&E) Module (30 ECTS) and a Technical Major Module (90 ECTS) structured as follows:
- 45 ECTS for Host Programme technical courses
- 15 ECTS for Host Programme AM specialization courses
- 30 ECTS for the I&E Module courses
- 30 ECTS for the Master thesis
Learn more about EITM Master School - MSc Data Science and AI for Competitive Manufacturing, MSc, Double Masters - at EIT Manufacturing Visit course webpage