Quantity surveying is an important business asset – sound professional advice in the area is essential in a number of industries, from construction to law.
If you want to be progress your career in this highly sought-after field, this MSc Quantity Surveying course will give you the expertise and practical experience you'll need to succeed.
You'll develop your skill in efficient construction, law and the financial management of built environments. You'll get the knowledge and confidence required of professionals in the construction business – and follow in the footsteps of our past graduates, many of whom now hold senior positions in the industry.
We've been delivering property courses for over 35 years, and this course has been recognised by both the construction profession and the national press.
What you'll experience
On this course, you'll:
- Visit sites and study locally based case studies that will introduce you to the professional markets and environments
- Attend and contribute to current debates by visiting guest speakers
- Gain a solid understanding of contemporary issues in the construction sector
- Be taught by staff from a wide range of commercial, construction and quantity surveying practice, including quantity surveyors, architects, project managers, construction lawyers and structural engineers
Work experience and career planning
We'll help you to identify internships, voluntary roles and opportunities that will complement your studies.
When you finish the course, our Careers and Employability service can help you find a job that puts your skills to work.
After you leave the University, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.
What you'll study on this MSc Quantity Surveying degree course
- Construction Law, Contracts and Dispute Resolution
- Construction Management and Safety
- Construction Technology, Measurement and Tendering
- Pre-Contract and Post-Contract Quantity Surveying Practice
Teaching methods on this course include:
- site visits
- field work
How you're assessed
You'll be assessed through:
- dissertation project
Careers and opportunities
This course will prepare you to take senior positions in the industry. As a professional with interdisciplinary management skills for land and property, your skillset will be in demand. Previous graduates have gone on to work for employers such as Turner & Townsend and Transport for London.
What can you do with a Quantity Surveying degree?
Specific roles that previous students have taken include:
- quantity surveying
- property development
- project management