If you're ready to climb the ladder in the competitive world of finance, this MSc Finance degree course is the perfect way to build on your previous studies and experience, and develop the skills you need to achieve your career ambitions.
On this course, you'll unpack the three major themes in finance: investments, corporate finance, and financial markets and institutions. You'll focus on financial investments, get your hands on our Bloomberg Suite and learn from experts in the industry.
When you graduate, you'll have the analytical tools you need to understand the complexities of modern financial markets – so you'll be ready to pursue a career as a city professional, or as a financial manager in a non-financial organisation.
What you'll experience
On this course, you'll:
- Be supported by academically qualified staff with research and consultancy experience, as well as links to industry
- Learn from guest speakers, including experts in the field of finance
- Access our extensive financial databases including Bloomberg, DataStream and Bank Scope
- Train on our Bloomberg terminals, making virtual trades and analysing market data
- Have access to our library's electronic resources 24/7, including thousands of ejournals and newspapers
- Carry out independent research in the form of a dissertation on your chosen speciality
In addition you will complete Bloomberg Market Concepts (BMC) training in our Bloomberg Lab. BMC certification is an essential qualification for City professionals and is central to our aim of making you employment ready.
What you'll study on this MSc Finance degree course
Core modules include:
- Behavioural Finance
- Corporate Finance: Technical Foundations
- Derivatives: Forwards, Futures and Swaps Markets
- Derivatives: Options Market
- Econometric Modelling
- Financial Econometrics
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Corporate Valuation
- Personal Tutoring for Economics and Finance Postgraduate Programmes
- Portfolio Theory
Teaching methods on this course include:
- computer-based workshops
- invited speakers
- live case studies
How you're assessed
You'll be assessed in ways that reflect individual topics. We'll help you build the personal management and employability skills that are essential for a fulfilling career.