BSc Hons Geography degree students study the natural world and learn about the impact humans have on the environment. The range of skills geography graduates acquire makes them attractive to a wide range of employers.Degree structure
In first year, students follow courses that explore geographic issues from the perspectives of natural, physical and social science. In Years 2 and 3 they specialise in physical geography courses. The dissertation provides a unique opportunity to study a topic of particular interest in considerable depth.Fieldwork in the UK and abroad
Fieldwork is an essential part of the programme with trips funded by the Department. Trips have included visits to the New Forest, Lake District and Spain. Successful completion of at least 36 weeks of the optional work placement will result in the award of a Diploma of Industrial Study. We also have collaborative arrangements with universities in the Netherlands, Italy, and France, permitting students to study abroad for a period of time under the Erasmus European Exchange scheme.Ranking
Our geography and environmental science degrees are ranked:
- First among London universities forstudent satisfaction by the Complete University Guide 2017
- Within the UK's top 10 for student satisfaction by the Complete University Guide 2017.
The aims of this programme are:
- To provide you with an understanding of the natural and physical environment including the Earth's landforms, rivers, oceans, atmosphere, flora and fauna
- To provide an understanding of sustainability and the impact of human activity on the natural environment
- To train you in the principal techniques of investigation and data analysis employed in physical geography.