The online Master of Rehabilitation Science (MRSc) is designed for working health professionals who wish to gain the knowledge to impact care and shape future practice.
You will learn how to:
- design and execute knowledge translation plans to change outdated practices.
- develop and deliver education programs for patients, and/or to equip colleagues with the knowledge and skills to improve care.
- facilitate interprofessional reasoning for improved decision making.
- plan and lead programs with change management strategies to quicken improvements and decrease costs.
- choose effective methods to evaluate patient and program outcomes.
- And much more based on your interests.
Unlike traditional thesis-based research master's programs, the MRSc offers a course-based degree or the option of combining courses and a work- or practice-based research project.
You can complete the MRSc degree while working full-time. This prevents any loss of income while pursuing graduate studies. Most learners choose to complete the degree within three to five years part-time. You can graduate in one year if you study full-time.
Please note, the MRSc is not an entry-level credential for rehabilitation practice in Canada or other countries: that is, completing the program does not enable you to practice as a health professional. The MRSc is an advanced degree for health professionals already working in rehabilitation.
What sets the UBC program apart?
The UBC MRSc program was one of the first online post professional degree programs designed for rehabilitation health professionals in Canada. The program is designed with working rehabilitation professionals in mind, offering fully online courses and flexible learning with full or part-time study options. The program has over a decade of evidence demonstrating:
- Practical learning that