Take the college credits you’ve already earned and apply them toward finishing a CIA Bachelor of Professional Studies (BPS) in Culinary Arts degree. Through our Adult Degree Completion Program, you’ll waste no time receiving an in-depth culinary arts education that will complement your previous studies and change the way you look at food. You’ll move from foundational culinary courses to advanced electives or a concentration where you’ll focus on areas of the food industry most important to you. The CIA’s industry-experienced faculty will ensure you receive a hands-on learning experience that puts you in line for a top position. A CIA degree prepares you to confidently launch your career in the exciting world of food.
- Focus on traditional and contemporary culinary, beverage, and service techniques and skills.
- Explore food systems, creating menus, food safety, baking, banquet cookery, high-volume production cooking, wine studies, and global cuisines.
- Tailor your education through one of our many bachelor’s degree concentrations with a semester away, including regional cuisine and culture, farm-to-table practices, and wines and beverages.
- Travel abroad to immerse yourself in another country’s rich culinary and cultural heritage through a unique elective course.
- Build a foundation of ethical, social responsibility and global intercultural awareness.
- Gain real-world experience through a 15-week paid internship at one of CIA’s 2,000+ food industry partners.
- Experience firsthand how successful restaurants are operated in an award-winning, student-staffed CIA dining establishment such as Ristorante Caterina de' Medici, the American Bounty Restaurant, or even a pop-up. All CIA restaurants are public-facing, fully operational retail dining establishments that serve more than 333,000 customers annually.
- Interact with more than 130 companies that visit CIA’s campus three times a year to recruit students. Discuss career opportunities with these leaders, which include Boca Raton Resort and Spa, Dinex (Daniel Boulud’s Restaurant Group), Jean-Georges Restaurants, Make It Nice (Eleven Madison Park), Union Square Hospitality Group, and Walt Disney World, among many others.