With a CIA Bachelor of Science (BS) in Hospitality Management degree, you’ll have a strong foundation for successful career options at world-class hotels, restaurants, resorts, and other top tourist attractions and destination management locations. Learn to make the best impressions as you blend business savvy, culinary excellence, social engagement, and high-end beverage service while leading teams of professionals to create unique experiences that your guests will never forget. The CIA’s industry-experienced faculty will ensure you receive a hands-on learning experience that puts you in line for a top position. By the time you’ve earned your degree, you will already be considered an expert in several facets of hospitality management.
- Become a leader in the hospitality management industry as you learn the crucial role that food and beverage plays in hospitality events, especially as it relates to matching guest expectations and producing top-tier event experiences.
- Sharpen your skills in finance, marketing, staff management, facilities operations, customer service, food and beverage operations, and the latest culinary technology—all while cultivating a strong foundation in the liberal arts.
- Put your education into real-world practice as you manage hospitality events at the CIA, lead culinary tours in New York City and the Hudson Valley, and learn the science of beer brewing through our on-campus brewery.
- Network with top hospitality management executives—in the United States as well as abroad.
- Learn the business of running elite hotels, restaurants, resorts, and other top hospitality sites.
- Receive hospitality management training with a unique food and beverage focus that is the hallmark of a CIA education.
- Choose which part of executive hospitality management appeals to you—the CIA offers concentrations in hotel food and beverage, event planning, beverage production and service, and managed services.
- Interact with more than 130 companies that visit CIA’s campus four times a year to recruit students. Discuss career opportunities with these leaders, which include Daniel Boulud's Dinex Group, Disney, The Four Seasons, Hershey Entertainment, and Marriott, among many others.
- Through a 15 week paid internship, gain real-world experience at one of CIA’s 2,000+ food industry partners.