Are you a food entrepreneur? Someone who wants to take charge of their career and run their own restaurant? Today’s global food industry is packed with opportunities—and fierce competition. In our Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Food Business Management degree program, you’ll gain the leadership skills, management experience, and entrepreneurial know-how to build a successful career in this thriving industry. The CIA’s industry-experienced faculty will ensure you receive a hands-on learning experience that puts you in line for a top position. After you’ve earned your degree, you will have a clear understanding of how to blend vital business management skills with your passion for food.
- Sharpen your business savvy through coursework in financial accounting, food service and human resource management, food marketing and promotion, and advanced cooking, pastry, and hospitality management.
- Learn to identify market opportunities as well as create business plans specifically designed for the food industry.
- Map out your own education plan with a variety of concentrations in advanced baking and pastry; advanced wine, beverage, and hospitality; farm-to-table; Asian, Latin, or Italian cuisine; and intrapreneurship.
- Interact with more than 130 companies that visit the CIA’s campus four times a year to recruit students. Discuss career opportunities with these leaders, which include Compass Group, Delaware North/Patina Group, The Four Seasons, Hillstone Restaurant Group, Marriott, Unidine, Union Square Hospitality Group, and Wegmans, among many others.
- Through a 15 week paid internship, gain real-world experience at one of CIA’s 2,000+ food industry partners.