Course Outline: What You Will Cover
Become a qualified Pet Care / Vet Assistant. The course provides an opportunity to interact with and learn from very successful, highly qualified and experienced professionals. It also allows you to enter into a profession that continues to grow and provide great lifestyle benefits for animal lovers. Students will complete the following units:
1 Introduction to animal and veterinary health care 2 Animal health issues, illness and injuries 3 Illness and disease identification and treatment 4 Veterinary office management and administration 5 Risk and safety management in animal care settings 6 Animal first aid and injuries 7 Preventative health care 8 Pet / animal rehabilitation and nursing 9 Routine health care treatments 10 Anatomy and physiology 11 Animal behaviour, perception and communication 12 Animal genetics 13 Animal social and instinct behaviours 14 Animal handling and transportation 15 Behavioural and abnormal animal behaviours 16 Pet / Animal training
How Will You Benefit?
- Fast track your career as a pet car and veterinary assistant work
- Learn the inside secrets of how to become a pet care pro in months not years!
- Study a pet care / veterinary course that was designed in conjunction with senior members of the profession
- Free up valuable time, don't waste time and money travelling to classes
- Study at your own pace whenever and wherever you are
- Have access to a tutor who works in the industry you are training for
- Easy interest free payment plans from as low as £25 per week
Start reaping the benefits by enrolling today!
Watch our Course Video
Are you an absolute pet lover? If taking care of animals is your perfect slice of heaven, then a bright career as a Veterinary Assistant awaits you! These animal and pet care assistants play a crucial role in helping out veterinary doctors carry out day-to-day tasks in taking care of both big and small animals, such as examining animals for signs of injury or illness, record keeping, as well as provide comfort and support to pet owners when their beloved animals undergo surgical procedures. And yes, an absolute passion for animal well-being is a must!
But more than just a hobby and a past time, the demand for Vet Assistants is growing by the day. Employment opportunities are forecasted to grow by a further 18% over the next 10 ten years which is above average.
Veterinary assistant job opportunities are expected to be attractive because the number of job openings is expected to exceed the number of new graduates. Demand for veterinary care also has grown throughout the years, as animals' medical care is an important priority for most owners.
Turn your love and dedication for pets into a successful professional undertaking by enrolling in our Veterinary Assistant Course now!
Our graduates have found employment in the following areas:
- Veterinary Assistant - veterinary technician, animal lab technician, veterinary assistant, hospital assistant
- Pet Therapist, Groomer
- Pet Shop staff member or owner
- Animal Trainer, Groomer or Breeder (usually self employed)
- Animal Welfare Officer at Animal Shelters
- Zoo and Wildlife Park staff members
Course Levels Explained
Qualifications recognises the graduates capacity for initiative and judgment across a broad range of technical and management functions. Diploma holders typically have personal responsibility and autonomy (semi-independence) in performing technical operations or organising others in the workplace.
There are NO previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level. Students may enrol directly into the diploma or advanced diploma levels without completing lower ranked qualifications. Graduates can expect higher course levels to result in higher potential salary, positions and skill capabilities.
The average time within which students complete studies is:
Diploma Level-24 weeks
ICI courses allow you to study at your own pace with no assignment deadlines. This means that you determine the pace of the course and within which time period you will ultimately complete your studies in.
- Completing your course with ICI is flexible as you can fast-track and graduate in a matter of months. You complete activities and submit assignments whenever you are ready.
- The maximum time given to complete a program is three years.
Study Mode: Online Learning
This entire course is carried out via Distance Learning (also known as correspondence learning). Distance learning is ideal if you need to adapt around work, family, or other commitments. It is also extremely beneficial should you simply wish to fast track your studies (and career) and not be locked into a timetable.
Our course content and learning experience ensure that your course is relevant and interesting. Learning, tutorial assistance and assessments take place whenever and wherever you are in the country or world. It takes place at your own pace on your own terms to fit your lifestyle. As an ICI student, you'll never endure a pop quiz, spend countless hours and hundreds of dollars travelling, and never be late with an assignment or for class.
Enrolments statistics reveal that students from the following categories are currently taking advantage of the distance learning experience at ICI:
- Government, business & industry employers 32%
- High school leavers 20%
- Individuals looking to start a business or change career paths 18%
- Individuals already in the industry looking to formalise and/or update knowledge and seek a promotion 11%
- Military personal 11%
- Stay at home mothers 8%
Recognition & Accreditation
This course is recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC). The courses offered by ICI are unique as they take a very 'hands on' approach. Our courses are not designed to teach you just the 'theory' behind the industry - they are written and tutored by industry professionals and will fast-track you into a new career of your choice.
Various government departments and business's have enrolled their own staff with ICI for further training and development and is a strong indicator of acceptance and recognition by employers and industry.
The following is a partial list of companies and government departments which have enrolled or sponsored staff into ICI courses:
- Ministry of Defence
- Sports Centre, University of Kent
- Department of Tourism, Regional Development & Industry
- The Placement People
- Skill Hire
- Metcash Trading Ltd
- Navman Technologies
- The European Fund
- Employment Directions Network
- The Salvation Army
- Calvin Klein
- John Paul College
- Legal Aid Commission
- Melton Council
- Mitsubishi Corporation
- Commonwealth Bank
- American Express
- Clayton UTZ
- Hennikers Solicitors
- Villari Lawyers
- Prisoners Education Trust (HM Prison Service)
- Uniting Care Institute of Family Practice
- Workplace Authority
- Centacare Employment Group
- Employment Directions
- MAX Employment
- Gunnebo (Security)
- Brookfield Multiplex
- Coles Myer Ltd
Already in the Profession or Industry?
This course and qualification is a great way of consolidating existing knowledge via Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), updating your industry skills and contributing towards your professional development. It is also one of the most practical steps you can take towards working towards gaining a promotion or better paid position.
Course fees can be claimed as a tax deduction as long as the course is sufficiently connected to your work activities.
What Do I Get?
All materials essential for course completion are included in the cost of the course fee. Upon enrolment, students receive:
- All required study materials and course notes
- Practical assignment projects with constructive tutor feedback
- Industry based tutor who will service all of your course and career questions and guidance needs
- Student ID card giving students access to thousands of discounts both at home and overseas! Save on transport, accommodation, communications, food, shopping, movies and more!
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
- A graduation certificate officially recognizing your successful completion of studies and qualifications as a pet care professional / Vet assistant
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
- Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipACr
- Job search assistance: Graduate Career Services Program (Click to learn more).