This a new four-year joint honours degree, allowing you to study across two disciplines to degree level while acquring a broader range of skills than is typically possible within a single honours degree.
It offers a solid international business and Chinese language education combined with Chinese areas studies, which allows you a deeper insight into China’s rapidly developing economy, its growing political influence, rich traditional cultures and styles of business management.
In addition, you will spend two terms at one of our partner institutions in China, and will complete significant periods of work experience during your studies to deepen your learning experience.
Why should I choose this programme?
China, now the world's second-largest economy, is widely predicted to become the largest over the next decade.
This programme will equip you with a broad base of core business, management, intercultural and Chinese language skills, in preparation for a career in a global business environment where China will be the key economic power.
Key skills, aims and objectives
- An international and cross-cultural view of the business world, with a particular focus on China
- Language skills and understanding of Chinese society, culture, politics and economics
- The ability to lead and manage people in a complex and changing environment
- The ability to think cticially and creatively, solve problems and communicate effectively
- A spirit of innovation and enterprise
This programme will prepare you for a career in international business with a focus on China in small or large companies, multinational corporations or family-tun businesses.
Many areas of the international business sector will be open to you, including management, finance, strategy, retail and human resources management.