This is an applied programme which provides students with knowledge and skills to work in investment roles.
Studying Investments raises some interesting issues, such as why people trade so much, whether the best investment strategy is simply to track the stock market index, how risk should be measured and how assets should be priced.
This degree is aimed at candidates who wish to work within investment management, investment banking and related careers. The programme focuses on both the trading and portfolio management sides of finance.
It has a substantial focus on investment within core modules, including Portfolio Management, Financial Trading and Global Investment Analysis. These draw on the cutting edge research expertise of our faculty.
For more details visit: http://www.lboro.ac.uk/departments/sbe/pg/programmes/fai/
- Financial Reporting and Company Performance
- Methods for Financial Data Analysis
- Principles of Finance
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Business Communication for Finance
- Derivatives and Risk Management
- Financial Statements and Business Valuation
- Portfolio Management
- Business Economics
- Corporate Finance
- Global Financial Markets and the Financial Crisis
- International Financial Management
- Applied Banking and Financial Modelling
- Corporate Governance and Responsibility
- Financial Trading
- Global Investment Analysis
The School reserves the right to vary the list of optional modules
Scholarships and Bursaries worth up to 100% of fees!!
The School of Business and Economics is committed to attracting the very best applicants. We offer a range of competitive scholarships and bursaries to both UK/EU and international applicants – some worth up to 100% of your fees!
Our scholarship and bursary range is designed to include a wide range of students and consists of:
- Alumni scholarships (for UK/EU and international students)
- Outstanding academic achievement scholarships
- Sports scholarships
- Hardship bursaries and other funding options
- International student specific scholarships, including: Loughborough University Graduate School Development Trust Africa; USA scholarships and loans; and Santander International postgraduate scholarships
Whilst some of our scholarships are offered automatically based on your course application, some scholarships and bursaries do require a separate application and have limited availability and application deadlines.
For more details visit: www.lboro.ac.uk/departments/sbe/pg/fees-funding