HNC and HND Business qualifications are designed for candidates who wish to pursue a career in business. The College works closely with Universities to ensure you can progress to the course of your choice. There are a wide range of optional units to choose from including Arabic Language.
The HNC and HND in Business are designed to provide a broad understanding of business organisations and the environment in which they operate. Candidates who successfully complete these qualifications may go on to study further academic and professional qualifications or embark on an administrative, managerial or commercial career.
The HND has a strong managerial focus which helps successful candidates to progress to management roles. In addition, the wide range of options enables candidates to progress to specialist roles such as Human Resource Management, Marketing, and Financial Services.
This course may be suitable for:
- School leavers
- Adult returners to education
- Those in employment who wish to enhance their career prospects
- Those who are, or wish to be, self-employed and require a broad grounding in business
- Develop candidates’ knowledge and skills required for employment in a business environment
- Enable progression within the SCQF framework
- Develop study and research skills
- Develop transferable skills including Core Skills to the levels demanded by employers
- Enable a sound articulation route to the HND Business and higher education
- Prepare candidates for progression to further studies
This programme is approved and credit-rated by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA). It is available on a full-time or part-time basis.
HNC in Business is awarded at SCQF level 7
HND in Business is awarded at SCQF level 8