To become a global frontrunner in contributing to society through civil engineering education and research within the third generation university concept.
To educate civil engineers who will be leaders in designing and constructing the future of the built environment.
AGU Civil Engineering program aims to:
- Produce graduates who are capable in the basics of engineering science, analytical and quantitative reasoning, and design in the context of civil engineering
- Emphasize innovative thinking and leadership in professional and social life
- Encourage team work and development of interpersonal skills,
- Teach the significance of ethical behavior in professional life,
- Produce graduates working in national and international organizations around the world addressing some of the most global issues of our times.
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics and science on engineering problems.
- An ability to conduct civil engineering experiments and analyze and interpret the resulting data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process in civil engineering context.
- An ability to recognize, formulate and solve complex engineering problems.
- An ability to communicate efficiently.
- Ability to explain basic concepts in management, business, public policy, and leadership.
- An ability to act individually and to function in multi-national and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Knowledge on global and contemporary issues.
- An insight of ethical and professional responsibility.
- An ability to take part in life-long learning.