Henley Business School at the University of Reading Malaysia is able to provide graduates with an in-depth understanding in specialist fields in which we have expertise in the business school. The programme enables mastery of the research methods required across these fields. Under the supervision of leading national and international researchers, you will acquire the necessary skills and experience to conduct high quality, independent, original research in the field of study. We are interested in considering research proposals in a range of fields, but we particularly welcome enquiries from highly qualified and motivated persons interested in undertaking projects in the following areas:
- Real Estate, especially:
- Housing Economics
- Real Estate Investment trusts, Listed property companies
- Property ManagementProperty portfolio management, Property investment, Private equity real estate
- Finance and Accounting, especially:
- Islamic banking: Macro stress testing, product development, efficiency, cross-border product harmonisation
- Islamic capital markets: Instruments, structures, governance, regulatory frameworks, Islamic risks management
- Applied financial econometrics: Non-linear macro-financial linkages
- Financial Technology: Cryptocurrency, Artificial Intelligence in Finance, Regulation
- Banking: Regulation and Risk management
- International Business and Economics, especially:
- Foreign Direct Investment into East and South-East Asia: Modes, drivers and effects
- South-South and South-North Foreign Direct Investment: Modes, drivers and effects
- Investment arbitration claims: Causes and effects on International Investment
- Capability reconfiguration of manufacturers in emerging markets
- Effects of exchange rate movements on macroeconomics variables
- Monetary transmission mechanisms – Islamic and conventional
- Marketing and Supply Chain Management, especially:
- Modeling return on web sales from DRTV campaigns
- Supply chain capabilities and industry performance
- Strategic response to competing product categories: implications for shelf-space, private and national brands
Your doctoral research will be supervised by two designated supervisors, who will have the necessary expertise and experience to adequately support you in your studies. Your supervisors will:
- help you to shape your doctoral research project
- guide you in determining what training you should undertake
- advise you on establishing networks and developing your career
- help you to complete a successful thesis within the requisite time period
Find out more about the ground-breaking research delivered by our academic team here.
What to do next?
You must express your interest in studying for a PhD with us by sending your CV and an initial research proposal (about 500 words) on the topic that you are thinking of exploring in your PhD to firstname.lastname@example.org. The proposal must address the following three aspects:
- What you are going to research: The main research question.
- Why you think that an answer to this question is important: The relevance of the topic from an academic viewpoint.
- How you will answer the question: The main methodology applied.
Meaningful answers to these questions enable us to put you in touch with academic staff with interests and expertise in your subject area, and for you to work with them to develop an original research project that will move your field forwards. General information on PhD programmes at University of Reading Malaysia is also available here.