Real estate such as offices, shopping malls, factories and houses is a major investment asset class. As land becomes scarcer, real estate has good potential to increase in value and grows one’s wealth. Study at the University of Reading Malaysia for the BSc Real Estate and be equipped to actively value, transact, manage and invest in these assets.
Giving you maximum flexibility to design your degree to suit your own career goals, the first two years of this innovative programme focus on core studies in real estate. In the final year, you will then have an opportunity to specialise in one of the following areas of the property sector, either in Malaysia or the UK. You have the option to transfer to the UK at year 2 or 3.
- Appraisal & Asset Management (Malaysia/UK)
- Development & Planning (UK)
- Investment & Finance (UK)
Throughout your degree you will gain an in-depth understanding of core subject areas such as economics, finance, business management, planning, valuation, law and investment appraisal. You will also have numerous opportunities to apply your new-found expertise in the real world, allowing you to develop industry-relevant skills that will make you a highly sought-after graduate as you begin your career journey in real estate or associated professions.
This programme is rated 1st in the UK for Land and Property Management, according to the Complete University Guide 2017.
The UK International Student Survey 2015 gave this programme an overall satisfaction score of 93%.
This programme is recognised for further professional qualification with the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), Royal Institution of Surveyors Malaysia (RISM) and the Board of Valuers, Appraisers and Estate Agents Malaysia (BOVAEA).
Core modules include:
- General Introduction to Law
- Introduction to Property Law
- Introduction to Planning and Building
- Introductory Economics for Business and Finance
- Investment Appraisal
- Projects in Real Estate and Planning (1)
Core modules include:
- Applied Property Law
- Management in the Real Estate Sector
- Planning Law and Practice
- Projects in Real Estate and Planning (2)
- Property Valuation
- Real Estate Economics and Investment
Core modules in Malaysia include:
- Applied Valuation
- Appraisal and Management Projects
- Development Appraisal and Finance
- Real Estate Asset Management
Please note that all modules are subject to change.
Please note that all undergraduate degrees from the University of Reading in the UK and in Malaysia are Honours Degrees.