Sport managers bring business knowledge and commercial expertise to the world of sport.
With a Level 5 qualification – such as an HND or Foundation degree in a subject related to sports or business – and the ambition to work in sport management, you can earn a full Bachelor's degree on this BSc (Hons) Sport Management top-up course.
By developing skills in sports entrepreneurship, management, marketing, analytics and more, you'll graduate with the knowledge, understanding and practical experience for a career in sport management and a range of related sectors.
- Have the chance to take part in research programmes run by internationally recognised sports organisations such as UEFA, the FA and the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB)
- Experience teaching that's driven by current practice and taught by lecturers who have delivered sports management schemes in the community
- Boost your CV, enhance your professional network and share your sporting skill in the local community through our coaching, mentoring and volunteering scheme
- Train and coach within our extensive sports facilities, including a 100-station gym, fitness studios, and a new sports centre featuring a ski simulator, climbing wall and 8-lane swimming pool
Careers and opportunities
Sport – whether it's contributing to the economy or improving people's health – has an important role in society. Effective sport management is essential for increasing and maintaining participation in sport and physical activity for and uniting public sector, commercial and third sector organisations to achieve common goals.
Therefore, professionals with the skills and knowledge to manage sporting programmes and events effectively are in high demand.
Gain business skills tailored to the sports industry and beyond
On this BSc (Hons) Sport Management top-up degree, you'll build your understanding of sport and its role in society across the globe and focus on strategic issues facing the sports industry.
You'll develop transferable skills in marketing, strategic management, digital innovation and analytics and learn how to apply this knowledge to the sports sector, making you a valuable prospect to employers across a range of industries.
You'll also work alongside industry experts to focus on your own professional development, helping you to stand out to and network with potential employers.
What areas can you work in with a sport management top-up degree?
When you graduate, you'll be suited to roles in commercial and non-commercial organisations in the sports sector in areas such as:
- stadium or event operations
- event management
- product and brand management
- sponsorship strategy
You could also go into areas outside of the sports industry in roles such as PE teaching (with additional training), sports journalism and business finance.
Ongoing careers support. After you graduate, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability Service as you advance in your career.