If you're ready to build on your business and management skills and eager to develop the skills you need for a successful career in project management, then our MSc Project Management degree course is for you.
On this programme, you'll take your studies to postgraduate level and get to grips with the principles and practice of project management. You'll study strategic and practical approaches in different business environments and understand how the influence of successful project management on any organisation.
When you graduate, you'll have all the tools you need to contribute to the effectiveness of a business as a project manager.
What you'll experience
On this course, you'll:
- Study key themes in the field, including Budgets and Commercial Management, People Management and Risk, and Project Investigation and Systems Methods
- Take part in live web-based chat forums, where you can discuss your work with lecturers and other students
- Hear from guest speakers, who will share their experience and advice as practising project managers
- Complete a dissertation on a related topic of your choice
- Have 24/7 access to our Library’s electronic book, journal and database collections
Work experience and career planning
We'll help you to identify internships, voluntary roles and opportunities that will complement your studies.
When you finish the course, our Careers and Employability service can help you find a job that puts your project management skills to work.
After you leave the University, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.
What you'll study on this MSc Project Management degree course
Core modules on this course include:
- Budget and commercial management
- People management and risk
- Project environment and planning
- Project investigation and system methods
Teaching on this course includes:
- interactive syndicate work
- self-directed study
How you're assessed
You'll be assessed through:
- coursework assignments
- a dissertation
You'll be able to test your skills and knowledge informally before you do assessments that count towards your final mark.
You can get feedback on practice and formal assessments so you can improve in the future.
Careers and opportunities
You'll graduate from this course with the ability to lead, or be part of, a team undertaking strategic projects, from initiation through to completion.
You'll have the skills for a successful career as a senior project manager in the commercial sector.
What can you do with a Project Management degree?
Here are some routes our graduates have pursued:
- project management
- project planning
- product development
- public sector management
- infrastructure planning and implementation
- naval and Aerospace construction industries
- doctorate level study in project management