You’ll get an understanding of finance within a business context, develop valuable cross-cultural business communication abilities and improve your English language skills.
This course will prepare you for a career in many areas of business and finance, such as business development and consultancy, financial planning, investment banking, recruitment and marketing.
What you'll experience
On this top-up course, you’ll:
- Join the course at either the year 1 or year 2, depending on the level of your previous studies
- Get a blend of the analytical, technical and commercial knowledge and skills required in business
- Study with a group of international students to improve your English language skills
- Be taught by a mixture of professionally qualified staff and expert academic researchers
- Use the University’s Bloomberg terminals to monitor and analyse real-time financial market data movements and trade
- Apply the concepts and skills you learn in real situations
- Get all the support you need while living in a new country, from our Global Office
- Join a community with more than 4,000 international and EU students from over 100 different countries
Work experience and career planning
Our Careers and Employability service can help you find other relevant other work experience during your course, including placements, internships, voluntary roles and freelancing opportunities that complement your studies and enhance your CV.
Your personal tutor also supports you with your career planning and helps you develop your workplace skills.
Teaching methods on this course include:
- practical sessions
How you're assessed
You’ll be assessed through:
- analysis of topical case studies
- written reports
- group work
- your choice of independent research
You’ll be able to test your skills and knowledge informally before you do assessments that count towards your final mark.
You can get feedback on all practice and formal assessments so you can improve in the future.