If you’re interested in computer animation, computer games or music technology, then our MSc Creative Technologies Master's degree course is a great way to take your existing skills and knowledge to postgraduate level.
You'll master the design and application of new hardware, software and techniques used in creative and innovative technology. You'll design, create and manage a media development or research programme. You'll also learn to address research problems and apply your skills to advancing the creative technology industry.
This course can open doors to exciting careers in the entertainment and media industries.
What you'll experience
On this course, you'll:
- Focus on creative problems and develop your portfolio skills, by shaping a project and responding to development issues and feedback.
- Design and develop your own software, systems, 2D/3D assets and innovative solutions
- Get hands-on with our sound studios and multimedia labs, packed with the latest kit used by professionals
- Use our industry-standard game content creation software, VR hardware, motion capture facilities and console development kits
Work experience and career planning
A Master's in Creative Technologies will give you the specialist knowledge, analytical and problem-solving skills you'll need for a successful career in the field.
Our students have focused on a wide range of project topics, including:
- Computer game programming and technical design
- Virtual Reality for healthcare
- Education, training and simulation
- 3D modelling
- Sound design
- Animation design
- Motion capture
- Online audiovisual archiving
Once you graduate, our Careers and Employability service will help you to find a job that puts your skills to work in the industry. This support is available for up to 5 years, so we'll continue to help you advance in your career.
Teaching methods on this course include:
- independent learning
How you're assessed
You'll be assessed through:
- project proposals
- research and development papers
- reflective reports
Careers and opportunitiesWhat can you do with a Creative Technologies degree?
Specialist skills in the field of Creative Technologies are in demand, so depending on your project choice and career plans, you'll be able to find employment internationally in the fields of:
- Game design
- Art production
- Virtual reality development.
The leisure and entertainment sector also offers opportunities if you specialise in music technology. Other potential career paths include health and business, software and interfaces, installation and monitoring, contextual acoustic research and academic research.